Saturday, July 2, 2011

Peace!

 Yesterday, at the Arts and Heritage Festival, we stumbled across a booth that I fell in love with! Keepin' It Kountry, by Judy Haas and Mary Beth Lentner, makes various items from reclaimed wool and vintage textiles. I wanted to buy everything! But, raising a family on a Human Services pay isn't conducive to buying an entire booth worth of products! It took me a while to decide, I mean they had purses made of vintage plaid skirts! But, I stumbled across the totes with peace signs...made from reclaimed army blankets. This appealed to me on so many levels. First, I LOVE vintage, Second, I'm committed to non-violence and adored the irony of a peace sign on an army blanket. I also picture the young men who might have clung to the blanket for warmth as they put their life on the line for a country they love...and my heart fills with love!
 Fashion is more than just the clothes we put on our back. Every time we walk out the door we are telling everyone who sees us something about ourselves, most basically we send messages about our sexuality, and in some cases, we send messages about what we believe!

 I am so grateful that we found that booth, and Judy and Mary Beth are lovely women. Go check out their store and show dates on Etsy.
Meanwhile....my outfit today is meant to keep me cool and comfortable as I run errands and clean. I will be carrying my tote to the market, but I think I'll leave the headdress at home. PEACE!
 Top and Silver bangles:H&M/Shorts:Thrifted/Earrings:Vintage/Ring and Elephant Necklace and Flower Bangle:Ruche/Shoes:Nine West via TJ Maxx/Tote: Keepin' it Kountry/Watch:Target



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEUTIFUL

FAB said...

Thanks!

The Mad Twins said...

Your shoes are adorable! Love the color of the lipstick too :)

FAB said...

Thank you! I think lipstick is my favorite thing ever! The shade in these pics is my go to! Glad to know it's my fav for a reason!